If you delete an invoice without closing it first, the balance due remains on that invoice and on the parent account. To correct this issue, restore the delete invoice, close it, and then delete it again.
- From the menu to the left, click Accounting.
- Click Invoices. The Invoices page opens.
- Click the Status drop-down menu and ensure Deleted is selected.
- Click the invoice for which you need to clear a balance. The invoice details open.
- Click More and select Restore.
- At the Are You Sure prompt, click Restore.
- Click More again and select Close Invoice. The invoice is closed, and the balance due is reduced to $0.