If you delete an invoice without closing it first, the balance due remains on that invoice and on the parent account. To correct this issue, restore the delete invoice, close it, and then delete it again.
- From the menu to the left, click Accounting.
- Click Invoices.
- Enter your accounting PIN and click Go.Note: If you do not have an account PIN set, you are prompted to set one.
- Click the Status drop-down menu and ensure Deleted is selected.
- Click the invoice for which you need to clear a balance. The invoice details open.
- Click Invoice Actions and select Restore.
- At the Are You Sure prompt, click Restore.
- Click Invoice Actions again and select Close Invoice. The invoice is closed, and the balance due is reduced to $0.