You can record menus for any selected center, if needed. Note that these are the same steps a center would follow to record menus themselves in KidKare, save for Step 3.
- From the menu to the left, click Menus/Attendance.
- Select Center Daily Menu.
- Click the Select Center drop-down menu at the top of the window and select the center for which to enter menus.
- Click the date box and enter the date for which to record a menu.
- Click Non-Infants or Infants.
- Click to expand a meal. Click to collapse it again.
- Select the appropriate meal components. You can also click Menu to select a saved menu template. A message displays when the meal pattern requirements for the meal type have not been fulfilled by the menu. Once the meal pattern guidance has been satisfied, and the required number/types of components are associated with the meal, the error no longer displays. You can click Create Menu to save this meal as a menu template.
- If you are recording a Bread/Alt or Infant Cereal and need to override the ounce equivalents calculation saved to the food list to accommodate brand differences, click Calculate Oz Eq for 1 Serving under the Bread/Alt or Infant Cereal food item. Enter the updated serving from the nutrition label and click Save.
- If this center has participants over the age of 18 enrolled, the Adult Meal Pattern Substitutions section displays.
- Click next to Was yogurt substituted for milk? if you substituted yogurt for milk at this meal.
- Click next to Was milk served to adults? if milk was served to adults at this meal.
Notes: You can only select one option. When you select an option, the other is immediately set to No. Milk and yogurt substitutions are reflected on the Menu Production Record.
- Click Estimate Attendance to estimate attendance for this meal.
- Click the Menu Notes box and enter any notes about this meal, if needed.
- Click Save.