If individual infant menu recording is enabled for your center, you can record individual infant menus on the Attendance & Meal Count page. If you have already recorded an infant menu on the Daily Menu page, this menu is used as the default for all infants, and you can make adjustments here. Watch the video to see how it works, and scroll down for step-by-step instructions!
If you are recording the first infant menu of the day from the Attendance & Meal Count page, this menu will become the default. This means that the Daily Menu page will reflect this menu for the affected day and meal, and all other infants for whom you record a meal count will already have these food components populated.
Required Permissions: You must have the Record Attendance permission enabled on your account to record attendance and meal counts. Also, if you are a sponsored center, your food program sponsor must enable individual infant menu reporting for you.
- From the menu to the left, click Menus/Attendance.
- Click Attendance/Meal Counts.
- Make sure the correct date, classroom, and meal are selected at the top of the page.
- Click to record a meal count for an infant. The infant must be marked in attendance before you can access this option. The Infant Menu pop-up opens.
- If the infant is served something outside of the default menu (if one exists), follow the steps below. If the infant is served the default menu, go to Step 6.
- Click next to each food component to enable or disable for this infant.
- Click the Food Served drop-down menu to select the food this infant is eating.
- If you are required to record quantities served, use the Quantity Served boxes to enter the amount served to this infant.
Note: If the infant is being served the default menu and the unit of measure used for recording quantities has already been set, you cannot change the unit used. For example, if the default menu has quantities recorded in tablespoons, you cannot switch the quantity to ounces. This ensures that KidKare can accurately calculate the quantities served for the default menu. The figure below shows the locked quantity for an infant in the 0-5 months age group.
- Click Continue.
- Repeat Steps 4-7 for each infant present at the meal.
- When finished, click Save.