Certain states require centers to record leftover quantities for each meal. When you record these quantities, they are added to the Menu Production Record. You can only record leftover quantities for meals for the current date or past date—you cannot record them for future dates. Leftover quantities do not affect claims processing.
Required Permissions: You must have the Plan Menus permission enabled on your account to record actual quantities served. If you are a sponsored center, your sponsor must enable this feature.
- From the menu to the left, click Food Program.
- Click Daily Menu. The Record Daily Menu page opens.Notes: Certain policy settings affect the options available on this page. Also, if you are using a mobile device smaller an an iPad, certain features may be rearranged or hidden to optimize the display of the page.
- Ensure the correct date and meal are selected and record meal components as you usually would. For more information, see Daily Menus.
- Click Save.
- Click Record Leftover Quantities. The Record Leftover Quantities window opens.
- Click the Qty box for each food listed and enter the amount of food left after the meal. You can only enter leftover quantities for the meal components selected in Step 3.
- When finished, click Save.
How Leftover Quantities Impact the Menu Production Record
If you enable this feature, the Leftover Qty column is added to the Menu Production Record between the Actual Qty Prepared and Special Notes columns. This column will only contain data if a center records leftover quantities. For more information about the Menu Production record, see Menu Production Record.