Subscription Terms. Subscriptions to Minute Menu Kids PRO will continue in KidKare. Once the subscription expires, continue using the Accounting Features in KidKare for $8/month. If your Minute Menu Kids PRO account has already expired but you'd like your information to transfer, please see the Expired and Expiring PRO subscriptions help page.
Data Migration. When you click on the Accounting link in KidKare for the first time, you will be prompted to migrate your data. The migration process only takes a minute or two. It will bring over accounting data for 2016 and 2017 YTD. You may continue to view older data through your PRO account, although new data cannot be added. After logging in to KidKare, you will have read-only access to your Minute Menu Kids Pro data. So, you'll be able to print the data, and save it, but not edit it, or add any other data. See the Data Migration help page for more information.
Billing Information. KidKare will prompt you to enter your credit card information for billing purposes. But if you currently have a subscription, you will not be billed until your current subscription expires. To see when your subscription ends and view your next bill date in KidKare, go to Home > My Site and see the "Subscription Details" section of the page.
Accounting Features. The subscription will give you access to the Accounting Features of KidKare which includes: creating invoices, creating recurring invoices, emailing invoices to parents, recording payments, recording expenses, time-space percentage, and more!
Electronic Payment (ePay). This will need to be setup again in KidKare. This is because KidKare uses a different back-end payment processor. The approval process could take 1-3 business days. Please see the ePay Setup help page for more information.
Expect Changes. Since KidKare is a brand new program, it has a new (and updated) look that is completely different than PRO. Some of the features from PRO have not been added to KidKare. These features include: certificate making, daily reports, chart maker, and the resource center. New features will be added periodically and the KidKare program will continue to grow and address needs of day care providers and centers. KidKare is accessible on smart phones, tablets, and computers - which makes creating invoices and recording payments easier than ever before!
Tax Time. If it is close to tax time, we recommend you wait until after you've filed before moving over to KidKare. That gives you plenty of time to get used to KidKare before your next tax deadline.
Some Initial Setup is Necessary
1. Designate Payers. Before an invoice can be created for a child, at least one of the parents or guardians must be designated as a "payer" of invoices. Learn how to designate payers here.
2. Create Parent Accounts. You can optionally create parent accounts that allow parents to login to KidKare to view their invoices. Go to Home > My Kids, select a child. Hit the "edit" option next to the guardian. Either add a new guardian or select that one as the "payer." Make sure that you have a valid email address before you proceed. Once the guardian is selected as a "payer" a "KidKare Account" button will appear. Select that button to have an email sent to the parent with a link to setup their KidKare account.
3. ePay Setup. When you switch to KidKare, you'll need to setup the ePay feature again (if you use it). To setup ePay, go to Accounting > Set Up ePay. Approval for ePay could take 1 - 3 business days. To check on the status of your ePay application go to Home > My Site. (Safari is NOT the best browser to use for ePay setup. When setting up ePay, if you get a blank screen please try setting up ePay on a different device or browser. Google Chrome works great for this.)
4. Enable ePay for Parents. If you're using ePay, you will need to enable the "ePay User" option for each parent. This can only be done once you've already been approved for ePay. To enable a parent as an ePay User, go to Home > My Kids, select the child, hit the "edit" option next to the guardian, and you'll see the "ePay User" button. Selecting this allows the parent to pay online from their bank account or a credit card.
5. Recurring Invoices. If you used the recurring invoices feature in KIDS, you'll need to setup those recurring invoices in KidKare. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to set this up again, but we hope that you'll find that the features and conveniences of KidKare are well worth the effort! Parents that use ePay and receive a recurring invoice can approve automatic payments after they receive their first invoice (they cannot approve auto-pay until the first recurring invoice is received).