You can control several different aspects of KidKare on the Settings page, including the language you see, your default landing page, and so on. Note that some of the items described in this article pertain to independent center users only. These items are called out in the text.
Required Permissions: You must have the View/Modify Center Staff permission to access and update center settings.
- From the menu to the left, click . The Settings page opens.
- In the Display Settings section, you can:
- Click the Language drop-down menu and select Spanish to view KidKare in Spanish.
- Click the What Page Would You Like to See When You Login to KidKare drop-down menu and select the page you wish to default to when accessing KidKare.
- Click the What Would You Like to Call the Participants in Your Program drop-down menu and select what to call program participants throughout KidKare. You can choose from the following:
- In the eForms Settings section, click
next to each option to enable it. You can change settings for the following:Note: These options are only available to independent center users.
- If a parent indicates they participate in SNAP, would you like to require them to provide their SNAP number for validation?
- Would you like to require SNAP/TANF number validation for parents to submit their forms?
- Would you like to disallow or warn the parent of incorrect formatting?
- In the Center Settings section, click
next to each option to enable it. You can change settings for the following:
- Do you want to record daily in/out times for children?Notes: This option is only available to independent center users. Sponsors determine whether sponsored centers capture in/out times for children. If daily in/out times are disabled, you cannot record child temperatures.
- Would you like to be able to record child temperatures at check-in?Note: The following options are only available to independent center users. Sponsors determine whether the following items are required or checked during claims processing for sponsored centers.
- Would you like to require center staff to certify the accuracy of attendance when saving Attendance & Meal Counts in KidKare?
- Do you want to record actual quantities served after meal service?
- Would you like to ignore, warn, or disallow insufficient quantities served.
- Would you like to ignore, warn, or disallow for milk shortages when processing claims?
- Do you want to require center staff to record meals by infant?
- Do you want to record daily in/out times for children?