While you can copy and paste future menus on the Menu Calendar, creating a template allows you to save certain meal components to a template that can then be applied to meals as you enter them. This reduces the time spent entering components when serving the same meal.
Required Permissions: You must have the Plan Menus permission enabled on your account to create and manage menu templates. Center users can only create and access My Menus.
You can create menu templates from the Menu Templates page or from the Daily Menus page.
Creating Menu Templates on the Menu Templates Page
- From the menu to the left, click Food Program.
- Select Menu Templates. The Menu Templates page opens.
- At the top of the page, select Infants or Non-Infants.
- Click Add Menu.
- Click the Which Meal Would You Like to Add drop-down menu and select Breakfast, Snacks, or Lunch/Dinner.
- Click the What is the Name of This Menu box and enter a name for this menu.
- Click each drop-down menu and select the appropriate meal components.
- When finished, click Save.
Creating Menu Templates on the Daily Menu Page
- Enter your meal components as you usually would.
- Click Create Menu.
- Click the Create Menu box and enter a name for this menu.
- Click Save.