Note: This feature replaces the scanning feature in MinuteMenu CX. KidKare simplifies the process so that all you need is the .TIF file to start importing.
The Import option is only available for Sponsors of Centers and only if Policy S.01 is set to Y. This feature is not available for Independent Centers.
You can import Weekly Attendance + Meal Counts forms that centers print and complete. Using this method, centers take point-of-service meal counts on paper and then submit those original records to their food program office/sponsor to scan and upload into KidKare. An overview of the scanning process is below:
- Centers print the Weekly Attendance + Meal Count report each week and record daily attendance and meal counts at point-of-service.
- Centers send the original report to their food program office/sponsor weekly, twice monthly, or monthly.
- Sponsors spot-check the forms prior to scanning. This includes checking for stray marks, tears, potential issues, and so on.
- Sponsors scan the documents with specific settings and save them to their computer.
- Sponsors upload the scanned documents into KidKare.
- If any scanning errors occur, Sponsors correct them, re-scan, and upload documents again.
- The attendance and meal counts are updated in KidKare.
Before you can begin using the import tool, you must first setup your scanner with the correct settings. For more information, see Scanner Settings for Import Tool.
Note: We suggest that you perform an internal audit of at least 10% of your scanned claims each month to ensure that everything is working as expected.