While you cannot delete foods from your food lists, you can set end dates for foods that should no longer be available for meals. Once a food reaches the End date to which it is assigned, that food is no longer available when setting up meals. This is also useful for managing duplicate foods on your food list.
Required Permissions: You must be assigned to the Director or Administrator role to access the Food List page.
- From the menu to the left, click Menus/Attendance.
- Click Food List. The Food List page opens.
- Click the row for the food to change. The Edit Food page opens.
- In the Effective Dates section, click the End box and enter an end date for this food. You can also click to select the date from a calendar. Once this date is reached, the food is no longer available for meals.
- When finished, click Save.
- Use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to select a new food to remove, or click Cancel to return to the Food List page.