The Daily Menu page is designed to allow you to see all meals planned or served for the day, as well as any meal warnings associated with those meals. Each meal is in a collapsible widget that displays the meal name and meal times (if configured in Site Details).
Required Permissions: You must have the Plan Menus permission enabled on your account to access the Menu Calendar and Daily Menu pages.
There are two ways to access this page:
From the Food Program Menu:
- From the menu to the left, click Food Program.
- Click Daily Menu.
From the Calendar Page:
- From the menu to the left, click Calendar.
- Double-click the day to view. You can also choose to view a specific meal.
Once you've accessed the Daily Menu page for the date to plan, enter meal components for the meal times you configured on the Site Details page.
Notes: Certain policy settings affect the options available on this page. Also, if you are using a mobile device smaller an an iPad, certain features may be rearranged or hidden to optimize the display of the page.
- Click Non-Infants or Infants.
- Click to expand a meal. Click to collapse it again.
- Select the appropriate meal components.You can also click Menu to select a saved menu template.
A message displays when the meal pattern requirements for the meal type have not been fulfilled by the menu. Once the meal pattern guidance has been satisfied, and the required number/types of components are associated with the meal, the error no longer displays.
You can click Create Menu to save this meal as a menu template.
- Click Estimate Attendance to estimate attendance for this meal. For more information see Estimate Attendance.
- Click the Menu Notes box and enter any notes about this meal, if needed.
- Click Save.
If your state's policies require you to record actual quantities served, see Record Actual Quantities Served.