ePay allows payers to pay their invoices electronically with a credit card, or with ACH. Once ePay is set up, payers can also set up auto-pay so invoices are paid automatically. Money is deposited directly into your account, so you do not have to worry about depositing checks or cash. Since payers can see their invoices online, you also no longer need to print invoices.
How It Works
- You email invoices to the payers.
- Payers log in to KidKare and pay their invoices with a credit card or their bank account. They can also set up automatic payments.
- Payments are deposited directly into your bank account.
- Payments are automatically recorded and the corresponding invoices are marked paid.
Options & Fees for ePay
Every online payment has a $1.00 fee charged for using the service. This fee can be paid by the payer or by the provider.
Debit and Credit Card Fees
All debit card or credit card transactions have a 2.95% variable fee, in addition to the $1.00 transaction fee noted above. This fee can be paid by the payer or by the provider. ACH payments do not require this fee, which makes it the more cost-effective option.
For example, if a payer makes a $100 debit or credit card payment, there is a $1.00 transaction fee + 2.95% debit/credit card fee. 2.95% of $100 is $2.95.
$2.95 (credit/debit card fee) + $1.00 (transaction fee) = $3.95 in total fees.
The following are additional fees Stripe may charge:
- ACH Returns & Notices of Charge: $4.00 per return (to the provider's account).
- Customer-Initiated Returns: $25.00 per return (to the provider's account).
- Debit or Credit Card Chargebacks: $40.00 per return (to the parent's account).
Payers who have additional questions about fees for online payments should talk directly to their care provider.
To get started, see Create and Verify an ePay Account.