ePay is one of the easiest ways to receive payments from parents. Parents don't have to worry about forgetting their checkbook or getting cash. And once ePay is setup, parents even have the option to setup auto-pay so that invoices are paid automatically!
Why Use ePay
- Parents can pay invoices online.
- Parents can pay from their bank account or by credit card (credit card fees apply, see below).
- No printing invoices.
- No trips to the bank.
- No hassles collecting money from parents.
How it Works
- Invoices are emailed to the parent.
- Parents can pay with a credit card or from their bank account.
- Payments are deposited directly into your bank account.
- Parents can setup automatic payments, which pay the amount of the invoice.
- Online payments are automatically recorded and invoices marked paid.
You can begin accepting electronic payments from parents when your ePay application has been approved. This can take up to four business days. The current status of your ePay application can be found in KidKare by going to Home > My Site. Please note that this status is updated when you sign into your KidKare account. To begin accepting payments as soon as possible, we suggest accessing KidKare at least once each day until your application status no longer says "Pending."
To see the pricing options for ePay, please see the ePay Transaction Fees help article.
To see how to get started and setup ePay, please see the ePay Setup help article.