To record a payment for an "Unpaid" or "Partially Paid" status invoice:
- Go to Accounting > Invoices
- View an invoice by clicking or tapping on that row (if you don't see the invoice you need, try changing the status filter option at the top).
- Tap the red $ button at the top.
- Select Cash or Check (the check option will provide a space to record the check number).
- Record the amount of the payment. If the total amount of the invoice was paid, the status of the invoice will change to Paid. If the total amount was not paid it will change the status of the invoice to Partially Paid.
- Record the payment date.
- Payment notes are optional.
- The screen gives the option to send a receipt to the payer.
- Hit the Record Payment button to save the payment.