When a payer makes a cash or check payment, record it as a payment on unpaid or partially paid invoices. Watch the video below or read the article that follows.
- From the menu to the left, click Accounting.
- Click Invoices.
- Enter your accounting PIN and click Go.Note: If you do not have an account PIN set, you are prompted to set one.
- Click the invoice to pay. The invoice detail displays.
- Click at the top of the page. The payment details display.Note: If there are multiple payers associated with the participant's account, you are prompted to select a payer before continuing.
- Select Cash or Check. If you select Cash, go to Step 8.
- Click the Check # box and enter the check number.
- Click the Amount box and enter the payment amount. This box defaults to the total due on the invoice.
- Click the Payment Date box and enter the date you received payment. This box defaults to today's date.
- Click the Notes box and enter any notes about this payment.
- Check the Send Payment Receipt box to send a receipt to the parent's email address, if available. This box is checked by default.
- When finished, click Record Payment. The payment is recorded, and the invoice details open.
- If the parent requests a paper receipt, click to print the invoice.