The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has demonstrated how incredibly connected the world has become and how “in-it-together” we all are. KidKare by Minute Menu wants to affirm our commitment to continue supporting our valued customers and lead with transparency during this ever-changing situation.
The USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) has issued several waivers to help child care providers and sponsors during this time. This article is meant to be informative and does not supersede sponsor guidance. Please follow all guidance provided by your sponsor.
Note: Your sponsor must enable some of these features for you.
Meal Pickup Waiver
On March 25, 2020, the USDA Food and Nutrition Service issued a nationwide waiver to allow parents to pick up meals for their children from childcare sites. You can read the full text of the waiver here. Note that this waiver may not apply to your state. Your sponsor should inform you whether you are eligible for this waiver and how to apply it.
On March 25, 2020, the USDA Food and Nutrition Service issued a nationwide waiver to allow meal pattern flexibility in child nutrition programs. You can read the full text of the waiver here. Your sponsor will provide guidance on how they wish you to record meals for the duration of this waiver. This could be one or a combination of the following:
- Record incomplete meals with comments.
- Use sponsor-provided placeholder meal items for missing meal components, such as milk.
With public schools across the nation closing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, you can update the School Calendar in Minute Menu CX. This functionality is not available in KidKare.
- Click the Menus/Attendance menu and select Manage School Calendar. The Manage School Calendar window opens.
- If school is out for all children in your care, select the Selected Center option. Otherwise, select the Select Child option and select a specific child.
- Click the starting day on the calendar, hold down Shift on your keyboard, and click the ending day on the calendar.
- Right-click the calendar, and select Add School Out.
- Click Save.
Adjust Estimated Attendance & Food Forecasts
You may see attendance numbers outside of the norm. We recommend that you use the Estimate Attendance and Menu Production Record features to estimate how attendance changes impact your food needs.
- FNS's Program Guidance on Human Pandemic Response
- Child Nutrition Program State by Sate COVID-19 Waivers
- Child Nutrition Program Nationwide Waivers: Questions & Answers (FNS)
- Assistance for Small Businesses (US Treasury)
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide & Checklist (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Coronavirus Small Business Guides (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Coronavirus Relief Options (US Small Business Administration)
- Small Business Grant Program (Facebook)
- The Ultimate COVID-19 Resource and Communication Toolkit (The Childcare Success Company)
- COVID-19 Resources & Policy Considerations (The Hunt Institute)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Guidance (Forbes)